Virid is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated Sales Development Representative who can identify new business opportunities for us by conducting outbound business development. We seek a strategic solution seller to leverage our world-class service offerings in web strategy, usability, user experience design, and technology for effective websites, portals, intranets, and Web applications. This position is “front line” on our Sales Team, so it’s important that you have excellent communication skills and are comfortable reaching out by phone, email, etc. to new people. This position is a key member of the Virid sales team.
- Conduct outbound strategic business development in concert/communication with Sales Executives, with the objective of creating marketing qualified leads for the sales force. This will often, but not always, be associated with setting up an initial meeting between the prospect and the assigned Sales Executive.
- Follow-up with prospects who have responded to our marketing activities (Events & Trade Shows, Webcasts, Ads, Collateral on our website, Software Evals, etc.) with the objective of creating marketing qualified leads for the sales force.
- Perform contact discovery where necessary as part of the business development process to more effectively target prospects (i.e. – prospect identification and discovery of contact information).
- Maintain daily activities in a system of record, tracking interactions with prospects and customers (Experience with HubSpot preferred).
- Provide daily/weekly updates to manager on individual activity.
- Interact regularly with all areas of Marketing and Sales, including Marketing Operations team, to discuss the lead qualification process, and recommend improvements.
- 0-3 years solutions-based sales experience.
- Expertise communicating via phone, email, and webinar.
- Hustle, determination, and a positive attitude.
- Articulate, organized, detail-oriented and possessing the ability to perform in a dynamic, fast-changing environment.
- Ability to adapt to new situations quickly in a very fast-paced industry
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to have major input in defining the success of your role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related field from an accredited, four-year college or university.
Virid was founded in 1999 to help brands custom design and rapidly deploy eCommerce web sites. After implementing numerous solutions on various platforms, Virid recognized the need to provide a solution that is flexible enough to adapt to the various business needs of a diverse variety of ecommerce retailers. Today, our platform continues to evolve to meet the needs of an even broader market.
We value resourcefulness, adaptability, and a desire to keep learning and improving. Because of this, every employee is allocated $1000 annually to continue their education, and certifications achieved in job-applicable areas are rewarded with a personal bonus. We encourage our teams to take time to teach each other, and believe asking questions leads to a better customer experience.
Perks of working here include standard needs like great health benefits for you and your family, paid time off, and a competitive salary, but also a flexible work experience, company celebrations and happy hours, and free access to our building’s fitness center and yoga studio.